Saturday 8 December 2012

Rumors on Fuji X10 replacement

It is not a new rumor, but I missed it. Anyway, lets propagate an interesting rumor. In major US camera shops Fuji X10 is selling at the discount price now. Unfortunately, it was not a case in Australia last time I've checked the prices :( Well, here in Down Under, we can get a "grey" X10 even cheaper from places like Kogan but it is a parallel import. According to this post on the DPReview forum, the replacement for Fujifilm X10 is coming next year. To summarise the rumor, the X11/X20 will keep the same sensor but will come with nice improvements. The new camera is not expected within next several months.

We have Fuji X10 as our family camera, and I love it. It is just fun to use. I wish one day Fujifilm will make a similar camera around 1" sensor. I'll buy such model instantly :-). I glad I bought the camera before I learnt about the orbs issue which is turned out to be irrelevant for my photography. At some point Fujifilm replaced the sensor in Fuji X10, and the latest cameras are orb-resistant (but I'm not sure about "grey" market cameras). Their slim model with the same 2/3" sensor, XF1, also does not have problem with a severe sensor blooming.

It seems that next year the company will release some interesting products. After all, in some Australian shops Fuji X100 is listed as discontinued for some time, and the replacement for this model is also expected in the nearby future.

No comments:

Post a Comment