Saturday 15 December 2012

Mt Warning

Going up to the Mt Warning summit
Track to the Mt Warning summit | Fuji X-E1 & XF18-55mm

Mt Warning is located in Nothern-East part of NSW, close to the border with Queensland, in about in two hours drive from Brisbane. The mount is an remnant of the huge volcano, sitting in centre of big caldera. I have a picture with the view of the Mt Warning from the rim of the caldera, in Lamington national park.  Mt Warning is on the left, with it's top covered by clouds. It is over one thousand meters high, and the walk is steep near the top (the photo above). I was happy to have a light mirrorless camera and small tripod instead of DSLR gear.

It was very sunny day, so many pictures on the top were taken through the viewfinder on Fuji X-E1. It seems that the viewfinder is quite comfortable to use for my eyes. The viewfinder on Fuji X-E1 is more useful than on Fuji X10. It is hard to compare the EVF on Fuji X-E1 to OVF on my DSLR, Olympus E-30. With the Oly E-30 I shoot only through the viewfinder because the live view is nearly absolute except for tripod work, and my eyes cannot handle a small viewfinder for long time. Fuji X-E1 is much better in this respect but I use it a lot with the rear screen. However, with polarizer, as on the photo below, I prefer the EVF. I have more images on my flickr page from this walk including a picture of a baby carpet python resting on the track. After all, it was weekend :~)

Previous time I went to Mt Warning several years ago. It was cloudy and rainy day, and the top was covered with clouds. Yesterday it was sunny but hazy. While it is short walk, less than 5 km, it takes about a couple hours to go to the summit, so I was there around midday.

View from Mt Warning
View from Mt Warning | Fuji X-E1 & XF18-55mm

No comments:

Post a Comment