Saturday 22 December 2012

Fuji X-E1: lack of weather sealing

Misty rainforest
Toolona creek circuit, Lamington national park | Fuji X-E1 & XF18-55mm

Yesterday I went to Toolona creek at the Green Mountains section of Lamington national park. The place got some rains recently but it was not as muddy as expected. The leeches were already numerous and active, and I ended up walking in boots soaked in my blood. The famous Lamington Spiny Crayfish were also active and wandered along the track.

The remote part of the Toolona creek track is at relatively high elevation, about 1000 meters, and in this time it is not uncommon to walk in clouds. This time it was foggy with occasional drizzling, so the camera mainly stayed in the plastic bag. I wish Fuji X-E1 would have some kind of weather sealing as Olympus OM-D E-M5. Or maybe I just should take an umbrella with me next time. I managed to take a couple pictures before the rain but walked though Antarctic beech forest without taking a single photo.

Misty rainforest
Toolona creek circuit, Lamington national park | Fuji X-E1 & XF18-55mm

No comments:

Post a Comment