Wednesday 5 December 2012

Birding with Fuji X-E1

My previous post was dedicated to complains about the slow and inaccurate autofocus on Fuji X-E1. Today I went through my latest photos taken with the X-E1 and 18-55mm zoom lens. An example is posted below. It is a "100%" crop from the original JPEG. The levels were adjusted a little bit. The image was saved at ~80% quality to reduce the size. The photo was taken at arm length using using the rear screen. The specs: 1/400 sec, iso 400, f/5.6, focal length 55 mm (83 mm eqv). I am not a birder, and corellas are energetic and active birds. It was an opportunistic snapshot.


I do not see any problem with speed and accuracy of the autofocus on Fuji X-E1 coupled with XF18-55mm lens. Most of my pictures were taken at windy weather, and even at this condition the camera did a marvelous job. Add to this my very limited experience with the new camera and mirrorless cameras in general.

Little Corella
Little Corella | Fuji X-E1 & XF18-55mm

No comments:

Post a Comment