Thursday 29 November 2012

No Fuji X-E1 zoom kit in Down Under

I was told in local camera shop that the X-E1 kit is expected to arrive in Australia around mid-December. It seems that the kit zoom is very popular, so there might be a supply/demand issue as with Fuji X100. The bodies are available in several Brisbane shops. For me, zoom is just very convenient. I may buy 60mm macro, but in this case the total package will cost me extra A$400+. Price of X-E1 zoom kit + 60mm is ~A$2100, while X-E1 & 60mm kit + 18-55mm is close to A$2500.

The problem is that at the moment I can use only Olympus E-30. The thing is just heavy. I also get used to Fuji colours. 

I don't really like XF1 because UI (not enough buttons) and slow lens. Fuji X100 looks like a very good camera but I am not in street or indoor photography, so it might be not the best camera for me.  The forgotten camera, Fuji X-S1, is just too big for me, and I don't really need a superzoom. I can get another Fuji X10 but in local shops it is still priced at around A$600. In Kogan it is under $400 which is really tempting price. I don't know if these cheap X10 are orb-free or not but the orbs do not bother me. And I do like Fuji X10.

The picture below was taken at 7mm (28mm eqv), f/3.6, 1/85 sec., iso 400, exposure compensation -1. It was windy. The photo was edited in GIMP (levels were changed). The full resolution image  is available on flikr. To get the same depth of field even on (m)4/3 camera the aperture need to be closed and the iso boosted to something like 1600 or more. It is possible on Olympus OM-D E-M5 but I would not do it on my Olympus E-30.

Pavetta australiensis
Pavetta australiensis | Fuji X10

No comments:

Post a Comment