Friday 2 November 2012

My contribution to the pixel peeping community


It turned out that I have two similar photos of the same plant, Swamp lily, taken with two different cameras, Olympus E-30 and Fuji X10. The pictures were taken for the identification of the plant,  so both are my "real world samples". It is not even meant to be a comparative shooting. Photos were taken on different days, at slightly different light (and it is evening light, the trickiest condition for most digital cameras), the images were cropped in GIMP and the levels were changed to add contrast. The focal length is quite different. On top of it, I suspect that my Olympus E-30 is faulty because of excessive amount of noise in black areas.  This explains why I am still very suspicious towards 12MP sensor used in m4/3 camera (yes, it is irrational, I know).

Anyway, both photos are available at the original resolution on flickr and can be viewed at 100%.

Frankly, I do not see much difference between these cameras for my practical use. The other factors are more important for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment