Thursday 25 October 2012

Fuji X-E1 is available in Australia but as a body only


Some big camera stores in Brisbane got Fuji X-E1 body but the zoom kit is not available yet. I was told the zoom kit is expected to arrive soon :-) The camera body is very light, and with 60mm Macro lens it feels somewhat unbalanced compared to X-Pro1 with 35mm F1.4 lens (yes, apples and tangerines, I know :-)). Also, I have impression that the X-Pro1 feels more comfortable in my hands. I guess it is because of  better balance of light lens and heavy body. The X-E1 / 60mm F2.4 combo is not heavy by any means for anyone used to DSLR, but 60mm weight is mere 215g while 18-55mm zoom is 310g. For comparison my ZUIKO 14-54mm F2.8-3.5 is 435g. As for user interface: it is a Fujifilm X camera. After the X10 the UI on X-E1 looks very familiar.

The price of Fuji X-Pro1 is now essentially identical to X-E1. I am talking about camera and prime bundle in some camera shops in Brisbane.

Jacaranda
Jacaranda tree | Fuji X10

No comments:

Post a Comment