Monday 12 March 2012

bugs with Fujifilm X10

Nymph of Hedge grasshopper, Valanga irregularis | Fuji X10 | Toowong, March 12, 2012 | flickr

I planned to take a close-up picture of flowers of Fijian Fire plant, Acalypha wilkesiana, but it was windy. The flowers of this plant are very small, so even the slightest movement will have strong impact on image. Anyway, I spotted this nymph and took few pictures. I was somewhat surprised that the insect allowed me to move the camera so close (the shadow of the lens is visible in all shots). Than I noticed a new object on the leaf that was not there when I started to take pictures... And insect have gone shortly after that :)

The pictures were taken with Fuji X10 in Aperture priority/Supermacro mode at iso 100, F5.6, and exposure around 1/400 with spot metering. The images were cropped in GIMP with subsequent unsharpen mask. The unedited 100% crop from the first image is posted below.

It seems that majority of my pictures with Fuji X10 were taken in Supermacro mode. I don't have macro lens for Olympus DSLR, and while the lens I have can focus relatively close it cannot compete with the Supermacro mode on the Fuji X10.

No comments:

Post a Comment