Thursday 15 March 2012

Corymbia

Cultivar of Corymbia | Fuji X10 | Toowong, March 13, 2012

I spotted this tree with several pink flowers on my walk to the train station. I am not sure about the identity of this species but it looks like a cultivated form of Corymbia ficifolia (old name Eucalyptus ficifolia). These trees are native to Western Australia but very popular around the continent because of fairly big pink flowers. It is Corymbia but I am not sure which one. The wet season is nearly over in Brisbane, it is a little bit cooler now, so most flowers were already gone. It is still raining occasionally, big changes from several years of drought.  

It was windy, so I set the camera at iso 200. Shot with Fuji X10, 12 MP, Supermacro/Aperture priority, F4.0, 1/300 sec. The image cropped a little bit in GIMP, resized and unsharpen mask was applied locally. 

No comments:

Post a Comment