Saturday 10 March 2012

Stats on orbs

The Old Museum building at Bowen Hill | Fuji X10 | March 7, 2012 | flickr

The photo above has a couple orbs in it. The picture was shot at 12 MP resolution and resized. I took several pictures of this building using Fuji X10, and some images got orbs, and others were orb-free. I posted an average example of orbs. Personally I don't think that this image is "ruined" by orbs but I do understand that other people may have quite different standards. Fuji X10 is somewhat unique camera because some owners are very happy with it while other are very upset. I am curious to see any stats for happy/unhappy owners of the X10. Unfortunately, many happy owners do not google for "orbs" or "white discs", so simple approach (counting comments or something like this) would not give a reliable estimation.

Anyway, next week we can expect announcement from Fujifilm regarding the orbs issue.

2 comments:

  1. That orb is not too bad but is getting close to looking awful. Fuji's big "solution" seems to have confused everyone. This camera has turned into an unending nightmare for Fujifilm. I hate the day that I bought this camera. Never, ever have I been so displeased with a purchase. I want this to end, and Fujiflm keeps dragging their feet on fixing this problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's hope that the promised replacement of the sensor will solve this issue. This camera should be a nightmare for street photographers who are trying to capture life where every moment/image is unique. But for flowers, insects and things like this - no problem whatsoever (at least for me).

      Delete