Monday 6 February 2012

Two days before Olympus E-M5 announcement

The days when I used to read about the cameras have gone. Now I read rumors about forthcoming cameras. Sad days indeed. Frankly speaking, I do not plan to buy a new camera right now. I've bought a new compact camera, Fuji X10, just a few month ago, as a family camera, and my Olympus E-30 is still relatively new.

Nevertheless I am curious to see the new camera from Olympus. If the rumors are correct than it might be very capable camera. I hope the camera will focus fast with 4/3 lenses, with rumored new weather-sealed 4/3 to m4/3 adapter. If 50-200mm SWD will focus reasonably fast on the E-M5,  than it will be really tempting....

However, if the price on Fuji X100 will go down after release of X-Pro1, that it will be even more tempting. And I am also waiting for tech review of X-Pro1. I probably would not be able to justify the price (photography is my hobby), but I am curious to see the images from this camera. I like images from Fuji X10, but it is a compact camera, with pluses and minuses of compact camera.

This bring us to Nikon 1 system. It seems that Nikon got a nice balance between quality of the image and sensor size, making the whole system potentially very attractive for (amateur) macro shooters like me. Hopefully Nikon will release the macro lens for Nikon 1. Or, even better, I hope that Nikon (or someone else) will produce a compact camera with such sensor.

May be I should learn how to stop looking for cameras and take some pictures instead.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment