Saturday 11 February 2012

Coomera river

Coomera river,  Lamington national park | January 1, 2012 | flickr

This is Coomera river in the Binna Burra section of the Lamington national park. I went to Coomera falls circuit that time. The photo was taken with Olympus E-30, on tripod, with 14-52mm Zuiko lens + polarizer. The RAW file was processed in Olympus Master and the image was edited in GIMP. I've darken the boulders a little bit.

Since I bought Fuji X10, Olympus E-30 didn't got a lot of use except for long walks. Fuji X10 is considerably smaller and lighter, and generally I am very happy with pictures from this camera.

I generally shoot in RAW on E-30 and process the files either in Olympus Master or GIMP/UFRaw. GIMP gives me a few extra pixels, and Olympus Master handles chromatic aberrations somewhat better. So, it depends on image. I gave up to shoot RAW on Fuji X10: I cannot match the OOC JPEG with supplied RAW converter.

 Below is the photo of Land mullet, one of the biggest skinks from Scincidae family, taken on the same walk. The lizard is shine black, and without polarizer the highlights on the skin will be clipped.

 Land mullet, Egernia major, in Lamington national park | January 1, 2012 | flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment