Tuesday 7 May 2013

Sony RX200


Damn Sony: I've thought I've settled with my cameras for a long time. My plan was to get  two zoom lens for Fuji X system in next year or two. Now I learned about the latest Sony rumors: RX100 is going to be upgraded in nearby future. Just a quote from Photorumors:

"The RX200 will have an improved 28-140mm f/1.4-2.2 lens (compared to the current 29-105mm f/1.8-4.9) and an unique built-in pop-up viewfinder (similar to the pop-up flash)".

These are two big steps in right direction: better lens and EVF. The only thing I am not sure is a user interface. There is no info for this yet. It might be an ultimate solution for supermacro shots I am hoping for.

Sony is very innovative with the digital cameras. The company made DSLRs with semi-transparent mirror (the idea is not new but currently Sony is the only company with such cameras. Their NEX line is hugely popular. Sony made RX100 compact with 1" sensor. It is the only compact camera with such sensor. It also released RX1 with the full-frame sensor.

Sony sensors are widely used by Nikon and Olympus.

No comments:

Post a Comment