Thursday 30 May 2013

Olympus: DSLR or FT/MFT hybrid

Olympus made very good lenses for 4/3 cameras, plenty of them. On other hand, no new bodies were announced after release of E-5, a flagship professional camera. So, people who prefer a smaller body of E-6x0 or E-5x0 style were left without choice. So, for me migration to a mirrorless camera was predetermined because I was not happy about the size and weight of my E-30. But I still have a couple lenses, so I am curious about Olympus plans for DSLRs. The rumors on this topic are wild, numerous and contradictory. Several times Olympus representatives reiterated their commitment to DSLR cameras, and the rumor sites are full of speculations on a hybrid FT/MFT camera that can efficiently use both 4/3 and m4/3 lenses. While Olympus does not tell much about their plans, rumors suggest the second half of this year as a release / announcement time for this mysterious camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment