Wednesday 6 June 2012

Sony RX100 is real!

The camera was announced. It is amazing how small it is considering big sensor. It looks like beefed up Canon  S100 :). TechRadar already posted a review of RX100 and according to this site both noise and dynamic range are more or less similar to other premium compact.

Sony proved that it is possible to build a small camera with big sensor. Imagine this sensor combined with brighter lens and body with buttons and dial... 

If the image quality of the RX100 is similar to current crop of premium compacts I would not change Fuji X10 to RX100. I don't need so many pixels, but Fuji has very good lens that is significantly brighter at long end. Beside of high MP and small size the Fuji X10 wins hands down. I am talking about me here, and by image quality I mean dynamic range and noise. I also understand that with similar noise level images from camera with bigger pixel count will be better but I am not sure about low contrast areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment