Saturday 9 June 2012

Another photo with Fuji X10

Brisbane skyline
Brisbane skyline | Fuji X10 | June 1, 2012

The photo above was taken through the window glass. I rotated the image for about one degree in GIMP and applied an unsharpen mask to the resized image. Unedited crop from the original JPEG is posted below. It is not remarkable image by any means but it is not bad. I suspect Olympus E-30 will take similar image in the same conditions. Would it be significantly better? I doubt it. It might be visible better if taken with prime lens but I don't have prime lens. The image quality of Fuji X10 is sufficient for my needs, and I don't need to carry bulky and heavy DSLR with big lens attached. And really like very comfortable handling of the Fuji X10.

Frankly, I thing that many other DSLRs will produce image of similar quality in such conditions if coupled with consumer lenses. A little bit more resolution, and probably more details in shadow or low contrast areas. I doubt that I would see big difference after resizing to the web size.Would any 700$ DSLR camera/lens combo be able to take better picture?

I am not saying here that the X10 is equal to DSLR in quality in any situation. For me the image quality of the X10 is sufficient. I would like to see more details in shadow and low contrast areas but again, it is a compact camera.


No comments:

Post a Comment