Friday 18 January 2013

Fuji X10, orbs and me

I am puzzled with popularity of my posts on orbs, or white discs, appearing in some pictures from Fuji X10. Fuji X10 with the original sensor was / is prone to spectacular highlights clipping resulting in appearance of white discs. The issue is fairly common in some situations, e.g. on shiny cars at bright light, but I have not seen any orbs in my photos of plants or animals. Anyway, under pressure from the owners of the camera the company replaced the sensor in Fuji X10. Current X10 cameras should not have such problem., however the company never made any statement regarding the sensor upgrade in latest cameras. Another Fuji camera with the same 2/3" sensor, XF1, does not produce orbs.

Why people are still searching for orbs?


No comments:

Post a Comment