Thursday 9 August 2012

Panorama shot with Fuji X10


Brisbane river
Brisbane river | Fuji X10, in camera panorama

One of my friends persuades me to buy a Nikon DSLR. He has one, a really good camera, plus several lenses. His processing of Nikon RAW files is just amazing. I argue that Fuji X10 produces quite satisfactory images, and it is very light and compact. I do minimal processing of images from Fuji X10, and the JPEGs from the camera look very good for me. For example, the panorama above was taken with Fuji X10 and resized in GIMP with subsequent local sharpening (hint: the camera can take panoramas at different focal lens but in this case it does not cover the whole angle specified in the settings). 

I do agree that now some DSLRs have better value for the money if size and weight do not matter much. However, Fuji X10 satisfies nearly all my photographic needs, and I just don't see any point of getting an additional (heavy) camera.



No comments:

Post a Comment