Saturday 28 July 2012

Editing Fuji X10 RAW files

A couple days ago I reinstalled Windows Vista on our home desktop and updated all photo software. First, I run into "missing libgdk-win32-2.0-0.dll" problem with UFRaw 0.18. The UFRaw does not  work if installed with the default options. It does not work if installed in GIMP 2 directory. The problem can be solved by copying all dll files from GIMP 2/bin into UFRaw/bin. At least it works with UFRaw installed into GIMP 2 folder.

But it turned out that the UFRaw 0.18 does not recognize RAF files from Fuji X10: "Corrupt data near 0xc4240". I came across several sites on the web claiming the opposite. Maybe I've done something wrong, or it is possible to upgrade UFRaw somehow...


I also tried the RawTherapee. It does read RAF files from Fuji X10 but in low resolution (6MP mode). I have very limited experience with RawTherapee but I found only one way to get 12MP images from Fuji X10 RAF files processed by RawTherapee: upsampling.

Luckily, I am very happy with Fuji X10 JPEGs, so there is no need for me to learn the SilkyPix, "the best “Digital Darkroom” available in the market"

No comments:

Post a Comment