Sunday 6 May 2012

Supermacro with Fuji X10

Fuji X10, f4, iso 200, 1/160 sec | Toowong, May 5, 2012

The plant resembles a cultivar of Cordyline fruticosa, Ti Plant, from Asparagaceae family. I've posted another macro on the flickr. The levels were adjusted, the image was cropped and resized in GIMP, plus local unsharpen mask. The whole processing took a couple minutes. At the bottom is unmodified 100% crop from the original JPEG.

Our Fuji X10 had over 4,500 activations now. For comparison, on Olympus E-30 I made just over 10k activations since 2009. The E-30 is capable camera but I just don't like it. It is big and heavy. I can leave Fuji X10 in my backpack and wouldn't even notice it. It is really handy to have a camera with you. The image quality of pictures from Fuji X10 is sufficient for my needs. The only camera I'll buy immediately would be "updated" Fuji X10 with tiltable (not fixed) screen and supermacro implemented on long end of the zoom. I don't care about a viewfinder but would prefer EVF over OVF. If the lens will get an extra reach (e.g. 140mm) I would not mind to get a bulkier body. 

Unedited crop from the original image

No comments:

Post a Comment