Sunday 9 June 2013

Fujinon XF55-200mm F3.5-4.8


The numbers do not say everything in this case but still can be very interesting and entertaining. Couple Canon lenses in the table above are 'full frame', so it is not a fair comparison. Canon 70-200mm has a different design but for me it is a benchmark lens in this category. I am curios to see a head to head comparison between the Fuji and Canon 70-200mm f4 OIS for image sharpness and contrast. Judging from opinions of early adopters Fuji XF55-200mm is a good lens.

ZUIKO 50-200mm F2.8-3.5 SWD is my favourite lens for Olympus DSLRs, due to a useful focal length and image quality. However, I am not very happy with autofocus at very short distances. It looks a bit off in most cases. I blame myself. It is very slow on Olympus mirrorless cameras, at least on previous generation. Anyway, I switched to Fuji X some time ago, and I am very interested in Fujinon XF55-200mm. Fujinon lens is slower that the ZUIKO or Canon 70-200mm f4 but Fuji mirroless cameras are good at high iso, so it would not be a major issue. In addition, for static objects OIS will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment