Sunday 30 September 2012

Sensor replacement in Fuji X10


Lilly Pilly
Spring time in Brisbane | Fuji X10

I decided to keep the original sensor in Fuji X10. I have not seen orbs in any of my "nature" images or family pictures, so the sensor blooming is not an issue for me. Cars in bright sunlight are unpredictable, that's for sure, I got a few images with spectacular orbs, but these were test shots: generally I do not take many pictures of shiny cars. In cloudy weather the camera generally performs well, even on shiny new limo. I also don't want to send the camera for a month because it is used essentially every day: the wet season is coming, and local plants are blooming. I do not plan to sell the camera, and after several years it probably will be obsolete without FiWi, GPS and other useful things.

The good thing is that Fuji plans to add Q menu to the X10 via firmware update. According to Photorumors the new firmware 2.0 will be released on October 5. It will add customisable "quick access" menu screen. That would be very handy because Q menu is part of Fuji X-E1.

Also, according to preview, Fuji used Sony viewfinder in their Fuji X-E1 system camera. This is probably the best currently available electronic viewfinder. Hopefully it will be available in Australia in early November (according to sales person from a local camera shop).

Limo
Limo | Fuji X10

No comments:

Post a Comment