Sunday 1 April 2012

Dragonfly with Fuji X10

Dragonfly | Fuji X10 | Bowen park, Herston, March 30, 2012

The picture was taken with Fuji X10 in Aperture priority / Supermacro mode, and at some point I pushed the dragonfly's wing with the lens. It is hard to take pictures of flying insects at 28mm :). I had step-up ring and UV filter mounted on the camera, and the filter goes very close in supermacro shooting. It was very lazy afternoon, and the dragonfly was very calm. We had two photo sessions: the first ended when I touched the wing with the lens, and in second the insect was upset at some point with the camera above it.

Tech: iso 200, F7.1, 1/90 sec. As usual, I used a spot metering. The image above was cropped in GIMP. Below is 100% crop from OOC JPEG.


I guess it is one of the most common medium-sized dragonflies in Brisbane but I cannot identify it in Wildlife of Greater Brisbane.

There were quite a few rains this March in Brisbane, so the insects are numerous and ubiquitous :)  It is very different from previous years of drought when main color of landscape was yellow. Now everything is green. 


100% crop from unedited OOC JPEG

No comments:

Post a Comment