Sunday 9 February 2014

Addiction to rumors

In the past I used to read DPReview articles and followed some forums on the site. Now I check mainly photorumors sites. The change is puzzling. While I like to have the latest cameras and lenses such as a recently announced Fuji X-T1 or Fujinon XF10-24mm lens, it would not happen any time soon. Santa had brought a present for this year, and his budget is limited :-) I do not earn money by camera or lens testing, and capabilities of modern cameras exceed my needs, so there is no urgent need to get the latest model. While I do like the external controls of Fuji X-T1, the image quality probably would be similar to that of X-E1. It would focus faster, maybe a bit faster than even X-E2, but I am happy with the autofocus speed and accuracy of X-E1 (except for XF60mm Macro). So, why are rumors  so addictive?

Some people follow life of celebrities. This is a big business, with glassy magazines, news channels, press. I suspect this activity is similar to my interest in latest cameras. The pity is that the usefulness of both activities is very similar...

(provoked by Thom Hogan's post on cameras' buzz)

No comments:

Post a Comment