Friday 31 October 2014

X-T1 or not?

What is the point of having weather-proof lens without weather-sealed camera? In fact, the weather-sealed Fujinon XF18-135mm lens is sold out in my favorite camera shop. In other shops I have to add $100+, about 15% premium. I guess Fuji X-T1 & XF18-135mm kits are available. In fact buying the kid will save about $200 over separate purchases. I can get X-T1 & XF18-135mm combo for $2k (Australian dollars). It is a good price for the camera and lens, but it is still $2k... Reviewers are very positive about X-T1.

The text below is just a personal runt written in order to sort out "things".

Significant advantages of Fijifilm X-T1 over X-E1:
- weather-sealing
- better external control (more dials, it is possible to set up camera for shooting with external controls)

Minor advantages:
- better battery life / more shots per charge (mentioned by some reviewers, but the difference is negligible in official specification)
-  tilting screen

Features I am curious about
- wireless connectivity
- external flash

Irrelevant improvements:
- viewfunder (I usually use the screen because it is more comfortable to my eyes)
- autofocus (I am satisfied with autofocus on X-E1)
- screen resolution

Negative:
- price (the camera priced fairly, considering all the features, but it is a big chunk of money to me)
- weight (it is 100 grams heavier than X-E1)

Potentially negative:
- not sure about the hump in the middle. It can be good because the flash sits higher.

To sum up: on one side we have the excellent external control layout and weather-sealing, on other side the camera costs a little fortune and adds extra weight.  And what to do with the existing X-E1?

Leopard tree
Leopard tree. Fuji X-E1 & XF55-200mm

No comments:

Post a Comment