Monday 27 October 2014

Fujinon XF18-135mm F3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR

Currently in Australia Fujifilm offers $200 cashback on XF lenses. This is ~20-30% off the regular price, and this opportunity must not be missed. It seems that I am not the only Fuji X fun in the city because XF18-135mm lens was sold out in my favorite camera shop. The expected advantages of XF18-135mm over XF18-55mm and XF55-200mm combo is convenience of a single lens (no lens changing), less weight, and slightly better macro capability. Weather-sealing is a nice feature to have during trips to rainforest or other harsh environment. The minus: it is dark. I have certain reservations about corner-to-corner image quality but most people are happy with the Fuji superzoom.

Fujinon XF18-135mm is a new lens. It may cost less in the future, but probably in the remote future. With XF55-200mm I do miss wide angle, and changing lenses in wet and muddy rainforest is an interesting procedure I am trying to avoid at any cost. I probably will miss 200mm but the alternative, a second body, will add an extra weight and volume, again, things that I like to avoid.

Here are links to several reviews of XF18-135mm lens by David Hughes, an author of the SoundImagePlus blog:
review of XF18-135mm lens (the best super zoom)
optical image stabilization

No comments:

Post a Comment