Friday 22 November 2013

Any alternative to flickr?

I don't like the latest flickr layout. It just killed my social interactions. The latest layout is designed for touch screens and tablets but does not work for me on laptop or desktop. I am very flexible with computers: I work under both OS and Windows, and use Unix shell. Maybe I should embrace the new touch world and get a tablet, just to see how it would handle the current flickr layout.

The alternative solution would be migration to another photo hosting site. The major obstacle to such migration is the established communities on flickr. I don't know any other photo hosting site with groups interested in (Australian) vegetation. There are several such groups on flickr, and this is the main reason why I still keep my flickr account.

My problems: I  cannot figure out if it is possible to get the old style view for other photostreams, the same as "Edit" view on my photostream. The same for individual photographs. 

I may go back to RedBubble, but it is artistic. Photobucket has too much  ads.




No comments:

Post a Comment