Tuesday 5 March 2024

Back to Blogger

Balancing Rock in White Rock - Spring Mountain conservation estate, Ipswich. 3 December, 2023. Fuji X10
 

I was very busy for several years, with very little time spent on photos. I do not follow camera news anymore. Some images are missing in this blog: I was not keen to pay flickr subscription while not doing photography, and with the new flickr policy I was over the quota. In late 2023 photo hobby was revived as picture taking, with minimal post processing.

I still use Fuji X-E1 and X10 with the original sensor. On/off switch on X-E1 required some WD40 treatment after prolonged no-use period, but otherwise the camera is fully functional including the original battery. X10 is also mostly functional, except for one wheel: it does not change settings anymore. The second wheel around four buttons works just fine.

Fuji X-E1 is usually has XF 55-200mm f/3.5-4.8 Lens attached, which is great for distant objects. I am keen to try XF 16-80mm f/4 R OIS WR, as it is wider and longer and somewhat better with close up shots compared to XF18-55mmF2.8-4 R LM OIS. Alternatively, I can take X10 with me.

Overhanging rock in in White Rock - Spring Mountain conservation estate, Ipswich. 10 December, 2023. Fuji X-E1 with 55-200m lens. Minor crop.




No comments:

Post a Comment