Monday 8 July 2013

Death of compact cameras

It seems that I am completely out of the touch with the current trends in photography. By photography I mean "taking pictures", casual snapshots, not a professional photography or hobby. It seems that camera phones took over digital cameras. In previous week I've attended a big meeting, with several hundreds participants. It turned out that nobody use digital cameras to take pictures during presentation. Everyone use smartphones. Once I've heard a sound of shutter, but it turned out to be a smartphone, too: these things can simulate any sounds including that of shutter. I felt myself as a caveman. Actually, it is not just smartphones, the tablets are also very popular choice.

Smartphones also change the way people share / promote / show their pictures. Smartphone is your personal photo album, and it is always with you. No problem with sudden changes in layout as on flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment